The Center is building the science of scientific impact—focusing on how to increase the relevance, value, and use of research by leaders in diverse settings across society. We accomplish this through a variety of core research projects, as well as through partnerships with researchers around the globe.
To increase the relevance of research, we support the scientific community in several ways, including:
- Data Partnerships: Acquiring, linking, and analyzing sensitive data in a secure environment from diverse sources including government and industry to enhance new and ongoing cohort studies and trials. This work primarily operates through the PSU Data Accelerator.
- Design Partnerships: Engaging in complex systems-oriented design partnerships for developing solutions to profound societal problems. Much of this activity is housed within the Design4Impact Incubator.
- Program Evaluation & Benefit-Cost Analyses Partnerships: Mapping the impact of interventions on public systems and budgets—and optimizing the value and return on those investments. This work is conducted within our Social Investment Optimizer.
We also partner with researchers interested in increasing policymakers’ value and use of research—including studies that seek to combat mis- and disinformation.
- Science Communication Partnerships: This may include research seeking to improve and quantify the impact of their lab, center, or institute’s science communication efforts.
- Policy Engagement Partnerships: Researchers looking to increase their engagement with the policy community—to build productive and impactful collaborations.
Much of this effort happens on our Research Translation Platform.
To contact us, please complete our quick contact form below.